Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Was reading a bit about the 3rd test b/w India and Pak.
I guess the supposedly elite batting line-up quit when sehwag lost his wicket. It was a 1 man team some 10 years back. There was a time 2 years back when the team performed. Now again, it seems to be a 1 man team. I dont know what strategy sachin or sourav or dravid had when they came to play!
That sourav is being accorded some preferential treatment now while the other veterans have been spared is not very amusing. Sachin and Dravid had a great opportunity to come up with a challenging innings and they both failed.
Persisting with sourav for the next couple of series' would not be a bad idea is my guess. Dependance of sehwag has to be removed to a good degree if the team is to improve.
One player I felt happy for was Balaji. I think he has a good future.

-r

No comments: