Saturday, May 22, 2004

The last 1 week has been exacting actually..Spent long hours on the microscope and the lab in general..Thot of wrapping up all academic work by thursday..Alas! I dint save my microscopy images !! I almost went mad..Then, decided tht enuf was enuf and thot of doing something constructive and suddenly thot of getting the driver license friday morning first thing..On hari's insistence, i got a seniors car to practice (tho i thot i was good enuf to get pass the exam w/o any practise)...How wrong i was!!! My thursday nite practise was horrible, to say the least..The worst part was a cop caught me for speeding!! Only after he saw tht i had only a learner's only and was practising to get a proper one, did he advise me and let me go...I was real tense...Braked when i had to accelerate..over-braked when i had to brake..Did both extremes..Tht senior friend Kalyan deserves some kinda Peace prize for putting up with my practice and sitting thru all of it..I went to bed tht nite almost sure i was going to screw it up..Next morning, kalyan took me to the exam center and told me to practice..Again, was driving pretty rash, sudden brakes et al..A li'l better than previous nite but still pretty difficult to pass was a foregone conclusion..Enter the d-time...i dunno what got over me, atleast for most of the first half, i was driving real smooth..I'd never driven like tht b4 and am not sure if i'd drive like tht hereafter..Then got a little carried away and screwed up the 2nd part a li'l bit but yeah finally, GOT THE LICENSE ! Then, went to college, met my prof and was discussing a few things abt my internship plans..A few courtesy calls and after tht, headed home..Hari made some good sambar, was pretty hungry..downed the sambar rice with tea!!! Then, spending time with hari a bit as another 3 more months without him hereafter..My internship in LA is for 3 months until mid-aug..
Reached LA today..as always, the city is alive and kicking..nothing like madras though!
Hv to get some arrangement for vanpool fixed up soon as i need to get started form monday onwards for this summer internship..Boy, lots of work 2 do..Feel like sleeping..Jetlag! - 3 timezones maan -- from Charlotte to LA is no easy task..!!Will catch up soon..Until then, zzzzzzzzzzzz


No comments: