Monday, September 26, 2005

Ok, So I think I have read enough about the GC-SG issue.

Now, I was a dada fan - an ardent one at that. But GC seems to be making sense to me quite a bit.

Now lets see. I think it will be tough if not impossible for both of them to work together. Hence, either 1 or both have to go.

If dada goes, heavy pressure on GC to perform (victories) and hence vindicate his stand. Not easy.

If GC goes, definite pressure on dada.

If both go, extra-ultra-heavy-pressure on team india, but which could in 2 years, give Zimbabwe a serious run for their money.

So, lets see. Choosing between GC and SG is the final option.

Now before that, it seems team is divided, with supposedly all non-performers with dada..Ha ! If dada returns, bhajji mite stake claim for vice-captaincy for all u know! O my!

Anyways, GC seems to be pretty tough guy who seems to be knowing what he's upto and from his recent interviews, I appreciate his way/approach.

Dada on the other hand is on life-support in playing/tactical matters now.

But Dada does have experience in team-building. He built or atleast helped build a pretty neat team for the 2003 world cup and it did reasonably well. Once he does not have mess-makers in the team (who might be actually talented though!), he definitely works on his tactics/instincts and does succeed, more often than not.

But dada must've surely lost some respect/swagger/confidence after such media exposure of his limitations. And it might take sometime to recover his cool. Maybe even 5 months. Helpfully, WC is a lot more further than that.

On the other hand, if retained, the pressure of performance might not be that high on GC, as compared to SG.

We need some1 tough, some1 like GC or SG in the indian team. People like Vaughan wouldnt work for an Indian team. I am saying this because if both were to be dumped, I dont know if we have a captain who can be tough.

That dada is mentally strong is known. But whether he'll still have that confidence in his ability is questionable.

Ok, I still have not made a decision on whom to side with. Still, I believe the odds of a compromise are rather slim.

No comments: