Friday, October 07, 2005

arbit bits

Although my first reaction to the call by the unions to create one for the IT sector was just another grimace (given that the CPI and the like do from time and time, its become routine), I then thought that maybe a union among the companies (biggies and medium scale ones) might be an idea to reduce the attrition rate. But if I had a company, I would not be part of such a thing.

A lot of news seems to be coming out regarding the moral policing in Chennai and subsequent media bashing. Bashing the media does not serve any purpose, since they also enjoy the personal space/freedom of expression that you are fighting for. It is the capitalist or rather just the rule of nature. The probability of you checking out a news article that seems interesting rather than logical is higher. But in any case, I hope aMMa puts these marauding 'tamil-protectionists' in place.

Cricket again seems uninteresting. I think the administrators need to do something regarding getting more countries involved in the sport. Only a third of the stadium for the recent world xi and aussies game was full. When I saw that image, I did not want to read further about the game. I felt embarrassed.

Jacques Kallis has been one of most overrated of sportsmen. Some people, though average, seem to possess a charm that makes people think highly of them. To have him in a team before Inzy or even Nathan Astle is just wrong. They just wanted to have a couple of SA guys in the team I guess.

I read, what arguably has been the finest book I have read. 'The Alchemist' quite packs a punch. It inspires you without sounding like a motivational lecture at any time. And as the boy says Muktab ! I was impressed by the line 'All things are one'. Now that is the example of a seemingly simple yet powerful line. I saw a framed painting a few days back that said 'I am better than you'. I could only grimace.

I watched this movie 'Crash'. A very fine movie. I watched 'Sarkar'. A decent movie. Ramu does have a style, much like Mani and Selvaraghavan. Other directors do have styles but these are the ones that appeal to me. I wish to direct a tamil movie some day. I want to prepare TamilNadu for sci-fi genre movies. Heh!

Another big game tomorrow coming up. It might be a long day for the Vols. I sincerely some1 from the SEC wins the Rose Bowl this year. USC struggled to win against ASU. We will know how good it is when they play Notre Dame. Alabama seems to be giving surprise. But the big question is will the Vols defense contain the Bull Dogs. I have no idea.

I hope Narain gets a chance next year in some team, although it seems difficult given his relative performances. But the recruiting bosses in F-1 have a keener eye for detail that the junta might be missing out on. Hence, I still hope he's not out of the reckoning. I feel he's good material.

I watched 'Mouna Raagam' after a long time 2 weeks back. It was a superlative movie, no doubt.

I went to the Indian restaurant today. I go there, like once every week. I ate heavily. As my stomach was beginning to feel full, I was reading this story.

No comments: