Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The comments on this SepiaMutiny post were sincerely stimulating.

Among other things, am just hoping JPM, Button and Trulli rise to the occasion and beat alonso hereafter. I think JPM and Button will do that.
At the rate at which JPM's going, I doubt if the McLaren car's next versions and all will be as much suited to him as it is for Kimi. Kimi's been exceptional so far. JPM needs to buck up. He's an excellent driver and I hope he dominates the other cars consistently soon.

Because of this Ashes and all, my interest in cricket increased again and I chanced on this World XI vs Aus XI article. I cant even believe you have players like Pollock, Kallis and even Sachin in the team while Inzy is left out. Ok, atleast Sachin has some past glory which could carry him for another year I guess..

I used to love Aravinda De Silva in his prime (his last few years esp). He was a batting god !

My fav conventional players (might be a few ex players here n there. )
1.Brian Lara
2.De Silva
3.Adam Gilchrist
4.Inzy
5.Mark Taylor (C) - (I dunno why he isnt mentioned as 1 of the great captains. He really was 1 !)
6.Wasim Akram
7.Waqar
8.Warne
9.Akthar
10.Yuvraj
11.Mark Waugh (His batting was 1 of the most stylish things in all sport i've seen)

Hows that for a XI..I know, not balanced and all..But still good enough. Just watching Lara and DeSilva square-cutting for six at both ends would be ...am at a loss for words!

No comments: