Sunday, April 10, 2005

Even like 2 months back, I used to laugh at people watching golf of all sports on TV.

Today, I think I witnessed one of the finest moments in all sport that I've seen. Of Tiger winning at Augusta. More than that was his shot on the 16th hole. It was drama, high-octane drama seriously; the ball stayed near the hole for a moment and then went in after a few teasing moments.
My heart went out for DiMarco. He did a great job in taking the competition to a play-off but Tiger was sublime. I dont remember the last time when a moments in sport have sent me into fits of tension and ecstasy as this one. Maybe these two come close.
1.'Desert Storm' @ Sachin.
2.Sampras outgunning Ivanesevic at Wimbledon (dont remember the year.)

Have watched some really good Hindi movies of late. Have always been prejudiced w.r.t Hindi movies after watching some cry-fests . The ones that I saw of late include Page 3, Ab Thak Chappan, Swades and Rog. I thought Page 3 and Swades are pretty well-made movies. Swades, especially so. My friend asked me as to what I dint know that Swades showed. I said Swades had almost everything that I knew. I could relate to it which really cannot be said about the cry-fests.

When I think of a genius, few people come to mind as quickly as Brian Lara time and again. He came back and scored in a fashion that is uniquely his. When Lara is on song, it is good for world cricket. His batting could even be a graduate coursework in Arts. (ok..ok)

vArTa

No comments: